Full Time 37.5 hour per week (Mon-Thurs 8.30am to 4.45pm and Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm)
Salary – £22 – £26K (dependent on experience)
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate our company values, working on their own initiative and taking ownership of their workload. We are a fast paced business with a passion for our people, we invest in training and development of all our colleagues.
Working alongside our Demand Planning Manager, this role will give you a great opportunity to be involved with one of our major customers to develop your skills and knowledge in a supportive work environment. You’ll need to be able to work well under pressure and to tight timescales to deliver top quality work and we’ll expect you to be able to manage your own priorities.
What the role involves:
- Supporting the Demand Planning Manager
- To compile and deliver all the relevant operational reports to the customer.
- On forecasting of the demand across all areas of customer stock supported ranges
- Working to achieve a 98% stock availability
- Creating weekly/monthly rolling demand forecasts
- Raising purchase orders to suppliers and ensure on time delivery of all requirements
- Dealing with customer stock enquiries and resolving using problem solving
- Creating great communication between departments through the company, working closely with the warehouse team
- Involvement in planning and introduction of new product, liaising with other departments
- Customer visits as required.
What we need from you:
The backbone of this role is having the ability to work at a fast pace and produce timely analysis and reporting mainly in Excel. You’ll need a strong analytical ability and the openness to expand your IT ability to work with our operating system.
- Knowledge of demand planning principles/inventory management principles
- GCSE Maths & GCSE English Grade B or above
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office, in particular Excel (lookups, pivots etc)
- Evidence of a well-practised communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to record information in a concise, accurate and legible manner
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload.
- Proven ability of organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical reasoning & problem solving
- Supply chain experience
- Own car and full driving license
- A-level Maths grade C or above
- Degree in supply chain related discipline
- Understanding of the textiles industry
- Understanding of Asia based supply chains
- Experience of working within or in supplying a large national retailer
- Working knowledge of Epicor