Position: IT Support Technician
Responsible to: IT Manager
Sector: Retail & Manufacturing
Main areas of responsibility:
To work as part of a team of IT infrastructure and Support Service to external/internal customers in line with the company objective of customers being at the heart of the business.
Providing first line technical support to users, helping to advise, develop and implement infrastructure improvements in line with department objectives, planning for and responding to service outages and any other problems in line with the agreed levels of service to the business.
Key Job Tasks:
- Maintains quality service to external/internal customers by developing strong communication links with users to identify their requirement and ensure their needs are met.
- Provide follow up services to ensure customer satisfaction and resolve user issues.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers (mobile, telephone, internet etc.) to ensure the requirements and service levels of internal users are met.
- Ensure that the system data integrity is maintained at all times.
- Provide support in setting up & maintaining product records on ERP & website.
Equipment & Software
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Troubleshoot/analyse computer systems to identify and eliminate performance bugs and hardware malfunction.
- Document system configurations, including updates made to a system and any new procedures or policies created in their work.
- Maintenance of appropriate levels of consumables, ensuring at all times that the appropriate stocks of spares and parts, including paper, toner is available and organising resupply as appropriate.
- Design and implement processes for ensuring efficient IT operations in an organisation.
- Keep up to date with current IT developments to ensure IT systems are relevant to the current market.